Monday, April 25, 2011







































Photoshop to the fix again! A beautiful photo, yes, but more important notice the attention called to the beautiful Jane Aldridge (in front) from her blog: http://seaofshoes.typepad.com/sea_of_shoes/. You could use this technique in video as well. Thanks to Lisette of http://lemodablog.blogspot.com/, who always has great fashion links. Not bad when you can look at gorgeous women and learn about graphics at the same time.
And take a look at her blog, maybe a long look: in an interview 12/1009, Jane is quoted, "With 75,000 daily hits, my blog has become a full-time job. I dedicate 5 to 6 hours a day to Sea of Shoes. I have to take the pictures, edit them, write the accompanying post and reply to between [sic] many emails and answer many interviews. I created it with mum two years ago. It started off as both of our projects, but I ended up taking over it completely. My mom has her own blog now." If you don't believe me about the importance of blogging and the possibilities of real jobs, this should about do it.

10 comments:

  1. The use of this technique is great, but the amount of time she has for her blog is good,if you have 5 to 6 hour a day to give. when you have school or other jobs, that might be a little difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right about the 5 to 6 hours a day. She gave up her last year of high school and studied for tests online. But, she has also made a successful career from the time she has spent on her blog. I wish I had 5 or 6 hours a day to research, learn, write, create, and so on, but I take each piece of learning one day or step at a time, and maybe just maybe, I will have an impact on myself, my students, other those around me. Thanks for your responses.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a photographer, I have a concern about image editor.I do not want to seem old fashion, but a photo and a image manipulated cannot be considered as the same.

    ReplyDelete
  4. a picture's worth a thousand words, and this one was worth a million, I have to check out her other stuff on her blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anthony MontgomeryApril 30, 2011 at 3:20 PM

    I agree with Alexandre, a photo and an image manipulated cannot be considered the same. In fact, with mostly everybody surfing the Web in today's age, you have to really question if photos are authentic. And only those with trained eyes can truly tell if a photo is real. Nonetheless, I commend the Photoshop work done on this photo, it looks very good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the this image because it definitely shows the spotlight on the one person in the room while there are a group of other people surrounding. This can come really handy if a situation like this comes in an video or commercial you are doing and wish to showcase specifically one person.

    ReplyDelete
  7. the lighting with PS is awesome the way it make her step up between so many people around it's a shame i don't know how to use it ready to learn

    ReplyDelete

Suzanne Lambert