Tuesday, April 19, 2011

One more that I think would be helpful for logo design is http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/tools-tips/quick-tip-how-to-create-a-paper-style-alphabet-using-illustrator-3d/. This tutorial was created by the same author of the previous post, Iaroslav Lazunov

I don't think that you need to create your own alphabet, but the article will give you tips on 3D modeling, symbols, and blends in Illustrator.

For those of you already working with CSS and web design, you might enjoy http://www.noupe.com/tutorial/drop-down-menu-jquery-css.html. Even if you don't know jquery, I think you can apply these concepts to your web design.

He seems to be very talented and very experienced in creating useful tutorials. I hope you can learn something from these.

2 comments:

  1. I have not learned Illustrator yet, but I loved the link to the Paper Style Alphabet. The part where he mentiones 3D makes it very interesting.

    I also liked the jquery drop down menu. As the instructions say, you need to download the jquery file. I was wondering where to enter the code for the jquery that makes the menu drop, and I found out that I needed to put it inside a script tag that links to the jquery file. I liked it, but I still have to try it.

    I was wondering if there was any more information about server side processing?

    Thank you for the post:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is more info than you can imagine on server side processing on the Internet. Do a quick search to find some sources and reply here with links to some you like.

    ReplyDelete

Suzanne Lambert