Tuesday, April 19, 2011

In this ongoing view of the Illustrator tutorial, I am recommending http://vector.tutsplus.com/tutorials/illustration/how-to-create-a-tube-of-paint-and-a-brush-using-adobe-illustrator/. If you learn these skills, you will turn flat graphics into ones that show depth, perspective. Also, when is the last time you have used penumbras in designing illustrations? If you do this tutorial, I bet you will soon become a better designer, because your eyes will be trained to look at light, shadows, blends, and so on. Let me know what you think? How many of you already think of these techniques when creating illustrations?

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed watching this tutorial very much. Since my major is Graphic Design, I am looking forward to drawing and painting in Illustrator and Photoshop.

    I think that Drawing class has helped me a lot to see the lights and shadows which make vector illustration so real. If anybody would like some advice on how to make better graphics, I would tell him or her to take a Drawing class to learn about proportion, shading and other elements that are important when creating digital media.

    ReplyDelete

Suzanne Lambert